- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup In A Jam Apricot Jam
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- coarse sugar (optional)
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed. Add flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Form into a ball and cut into quarters on a floured surface. Shape each quarter into a disk, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine currants, mini chocolate chips, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Roll out 1 disc on a lightly floured surface to an 11" circle. Spread 2 Tbsp of jam over top; sprinkle with 1/4 of filling. Using a large knife or pizza cutter, cut into 12 pie-shaped. Roll up each wedge tightly from the outside wide end. Place on baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to racks.
In A Jam https://www.inajam.ca/