Oriental Chicken & Snow Peas
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup In A Jam apricot jam
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- pinch ground ginger
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until brown. Season chicken with salt. Add snow peas and almonds and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together jam, chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger, then add to wok/skillet. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly, just until thickened.
- Serve over steamed rice.
In A Jam https://www.inajam.ca/