Dreamy Cherry Bars
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup In A Jam black cherry jam
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a 9" square baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Crust: Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender, 2 knives or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add eggs and mix until combined. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and turn oven temperature down to 350 F. Spread jam over crust.
- Topping: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and spread evenly over the jam. Bake 30-35 minutes, until set. Cool, then cut into bars.
In A Jam https://www.inajam.ca/