Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup In A Jam Pumpkin Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Arrange 8 ramekins in a baking dish. Boil a kettle of water.
- Heat cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to simmer, about 5 min. Remove from heat. Whisk pumpkin butter with sugars, yolks, vanilla and salt until smooth. While whisking gradually add hot cream mixture. Pour into ramekins. Pour boiled water into baking dish until it comes halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake in centre of oven until set but centre is still slightly jiggly, 35 to 38 minutes. Transfer ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 10 mins before refrigerating uncovered at least 6 hours.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp sugar evenly over each custard. Caramelize sugar with a torch until melted and golden.
In A Jam http://www.inajam.ca/